Last modified: July 10, 2014
Training Optimization System, LLC, a Maryland limited liability company (“Company” or “We“) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you purchase, download, install, or use the Company’s mobile phone app suite (this “App“).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect in this App or in e-mail, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with this App.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including websites you may access through this App.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party (see “THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION COLLECTION” section below.
In the process of using our services, information may be collected from users as described in this policy. At this time, the Company does not respond to browser “do not track” signals, and the Company’s collection of information as described in this policy is necessary as a condition to having access to those services.
Our websites and apps and these third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children under the Age of 13
The App may be used by children under 13 years of age. When a use enters a birth date indicating that they are under 13 years of age, they are requested to certify in an automatic screen that they have their parents’ or legal guardians’ approval to use this app. If they answer NO, they are excluded from using the app. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13 who did not have a parents’ or legal guardians’ approval to use this app, please contact us at email@example.com. .
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our App:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the App.
Information You Provide to Us.
When you download, register with or use this App, we may ask you provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as INFORMATION THE APP COLLECTS THAT IS DEFINED AS PERSONAL OR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION UNDER AN APPLICABLE LAW and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“).
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the App and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the App.
Automatic Information Collection And Tracking.
When you download, access and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device.
- Location Information. This App does not collect real-time information about the location of your device.
If you do not want us to collect this information delete the App from your device.
Information Collection And Tracking Technologies. The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our App.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the App may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-party Information Collection
When you use the App or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Analytics companies.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you use the App.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of the California Online Privacy Protection Act.
Access to Certain Personal Information Under California’s Shine the Light Law
In some circumstances applicable law may provide consumers a right to request a report regarding the Company’s disclosures of personally identifiable information about himself or herself, and the Company will always undertake to provide such information as required by applicable law. For example, pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (the “Shine the Light Law”), a California resident may request an information statement from the Company regarding disclosures of personally identifiable information about that resident, if any, that the Company has made to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. All such requests should be submitted in writing to the Company’s postal address listed in the contact information below. The Company will endeavor to respond to such requests within a reasonable time by providing a report that includes the information required by applicable law. Please be advised that, the Company is not required to respond to requests from any individual resident under the Shine the Light Law more frequently than once per calendar year.